Sunday, March 20, 2016

Coheed and Cambria: The Great Musical Experience

Last night I got to attend my first Coheed and Cambria concert. It was actually a night of two firsts: not only was it my first time seeing Coheed, but also my first time attending a show at South Side Ballroom here in Dallas. I have to say it's a pretty nice venue. The venue has a great amount of space for a packed crowd.

So, back to Coheed and Cambria, If you haven't been to one of their shows before, it's an experience within its self. I've always heard good things about their shows, and seen glimpses of them online, but seeing one in person was so neat.  As the band took the stage, I kind of had this mystical feeling inside - which sounds crazy. Or maybe, it's just that good feeling you know something special is about to happen.

The crowd was going nuts! When front man Claudio Sanchez started to sing with his acoustic guitar, you couldn't help but instantly get sucked into the music. Claudio is, of course, known for his great vocals. You also know, when you are surrounded by true fans, because they were singing right along with Claudio every word to a song.  Every song that was performed sounded like you were listening to it right from the album. Sometimes you don't always get that with a band.

Add in some cool light effects, and even some confetti at one point, Coheed and Cambria took everyone on a great musical journey throughout their performance. I even thought it was cool when Claudio played his guitar behind his head.

I have a good feeling that if there was someone in the audience that never have seen or heard of the band, that they probably walked away with the same feeling I had, which was, wow!  I've always liked them, but I think after seeing them live, I am a bigger fan now.

I have a friend that was in attendance, it was her tenth time seeing the band. I can see why.

I've never been to a Pink Floyd concert or Rush. But I've always heard they are quite the experience. Well, all I can say this was too. I think this concert is at the top of my list for best shows I've seen live.  I cant wait to attend another Coheed And Cambria concert in the future.

-Charlie Vann

No comments:

Post a Comment