Monday, February 15, 2016

Two Great Shows







Well, it's been since December since I've had the opportunity to venture out to the DFW music scene. It's hard staying away for too long. So, last Friday night, I got to catch The Raven Charters Fort Worth show at Lola's Saloon. As always, this band delivers a great performance. They performed songs from their new album: Reset, Reset is a great album from start to finish. The band brings great energy to the stage. I always looked forward to their show, because I know it's not only going to be a good time, but an awesome music experience. I've even got some of my buddies now hooked to their music, which I think is the best aspect of music: sharing what you like with others. Definitely check out The Raven Charter.

The music adventure didn't stop with Friday night. Saturday night, I saw another band that I enjoy, Sound of Sirens, who are new on the scene. The band delivered a great performance of their own. I've only seen them play 3 times, but  I feel like I am not witnessing a band that has just started. I feel like  I am witnessing a band that already knows what it brings to the table, or the stage in this instance. They play with ease and coolness. I really dig their sound. I can't wait to see more shows, and really can't wait to hear their debut album.

All in all, it was good to get to venture back out to a music scene that I believe has a wealth of talent.

-Charlie Vann

No comments:

Post a Comment